My sincere apologies for the long delay in posting!
The install of the Airhead Composting Toliet.
I started this project during our May 2017 trip up to the Island.
I had ordered our Airhead in late April and it was waiting for me at the house when we arrived.
I say waiting for me, as it was my job to remove the old stinky head and replace it with the new Airhead, while Barb enjoyed her time spent with the Grandkids.
First things first was the removal of the old toliet.
Wasn’t too stinky, since it was pumped out the previous season, and it hadn’t warmed up yet on the Island.
I knew that there probably would be some smell as I removed the hoses. So I pumped a little bleach/water mixture through the toliet, hoses and on into the holding tank.
Several of the hoses where very attached and did not want to relinquish their hold on the toliet or holding tank fittings.
So I had to slice the hoses down the middle and peel them open and pry until they came off.
I had put a dab of Vick’s under my nose and put a mask on for this task. Continue reading “No more stinky Boat! “